[Ely Events] Fwd: Fr Laurence Freeman -- Christian Meditation -- 10 June

Simon Kershaw simon at kershaw.org.uk
Thu May 10 20:06:19 GMT 2007

Begin forwarded message:

From: anne mcdonnell <anne.mcdonnell at talk21.com>
Date: 20 April 2007 14:38:30 BDT
To: events-list at ely.anglican.org
Subject: Fr Laurence Freeman

I wonder whether the enclosed event is one that you may advertise?
Father Laurence is a renonwned speaker. He is Director of the World
Community of Christian Meditation and has written extensively. His
prospective visit has stirred a great response in Norwich and I wonder
whether we may extend our invitation to Ely?

“LOVE AND MEANING:
CHRISTIAN MEDITATION IN THE 21ST CENTURY”

Father Laurence Freeman, Benedictine monk and Director of the World
Community for Christian Meditation has worked with His Holiness the
Dalai Lama, with leaders of Islamic communities and with seekers of
all faiths to realise peace at a personal and collective level. He
will conduct an afternoon of teaching on Christian Meditation, a way
of re- introducing the tradition of contemplative prayer into daily
life.

                   St. Peter Mancroft Church,
                       Norwich
             Sunday, 10th June, 1.30-4.30