[Ely Announce] AN EVENING WITH STANLEY HAUERWAS - Wednesday, 16th September 2009

Marion Howard marion.howard at ely.anglican.org
Thu Sep 10 16:30:38 GMT 2009

Westcott House and

Wesley Methodist Church

present

Wednesday 16th September, 8.00pm

=

Wesley Methodist Church

Cambridge CB1 1LG

AN EVENING WITH

STANLEY HAUERWAS

On Short Street at corner of Christ's Pieces

Parking at Grafton Centre or Park Street Car Parks.

Professor Hauerwas will introduce his forthcoming memoirs,

Hannah's Child, and take questions about his work.

Stanley Hauerwas is the Gilbert T. Rowe Professor of Theological Ethics at Duke University, USA, and

was named by Time magazine in 2001 as 'America's Best Theologian'. Stanley Hauerwas has been

known to many as a profound and challenging theological voice in many of today's

public debates. He delivered the Gifford Lectures in 2001, which formed the basis of his book, With the

Grain of the Universe: The Church's Witness and Natural Theology. His book, A Community of Character, was

named one of the 100 most important books in religion in the 20th century.

THE EVENING IS FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC