[Ely Announce] The Reverend Canon Hugh Barker

Marion Howard marion.howard at ely.anglican.org
Mon Dec 14 16:37:14 GMT 2009

It is with sadness that we announce the death of the Reverend Canon Hugh Remington Barker, who passed away on the 10th December 2009.  Canon Barker - aged 90 - leaves a widow, Margaret.

He was ordained priest in the Diocese of London in 1944.

His ministry in the Ely Diocese covered a period from 1951 until he retired in 1984 when he held the Bishop's Permission to Officiate.

A funeral service will be held on Tuesday 22nd December at 2:00 pm, at St Mary's Church, Wisbech.

Mrs Marion Howard
Personal Assistant to the Bishop of Ely

The Bishop's House
Ely