[Ely Announce] From Bishop Anthony: the recent flood disaster

Owen Spencer-Thomas owenst at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 25 16:14:39 GMT 2007

Several parishes have indicated to me that they would like to contribute to a fund to support the work of the Church in those parts of the country devastated by the recent flood damage.  I believe it would be most effective to focus our gifts on one area and, in the wake of Bishop John's recent appointment as the next Bishop of Worcester, I am nominating this diocese as the recipient.

As you will have heard, the Worcestershire area is one of those badly affected.  Local congregations have rallied round to give all kinds of help and some churches have been open to give food and shelter to flood victims, homeless people and stranded motorists.  Some other church buildings have been damaged by the floods.  Any financial help we can give will greatly assist the relief efforts being undertaken by local church members.

We have opened an account at Diocesan House.  Parishes and any individual people who wish give to this cause are invited to send their cheques to:

Janice Sulman,

Accounts Adminstrator,

Diocesan Office,

Bishop Woodford House,

Barton Road,

Ely Cambs CB7 4DX.

Your cheque should be made out to Ely DBF (Flood Fund).   The closing date for the fund is Friday 10th August.

Thank you for your prayers and support

+Anthony