[Ely Announce] Bishop John's appointment

Owen Spencer-Thomas owenst at btinternet.com
Tue Jul 10 09:08:54 GMT 2007

Further to our announcement at 9.00 am this morning, the Press Office at 10 Downing Street has confirmed that this information was released by them at the same time and has been in the public domain since then.

Diocesan Bishop's appointments are usually made at 11.00 am on a Tuesday, but on this occasion the announcement was made at 9.00 am.  I can confirm that Bishop John Inge is to become Bishop of Worcester and that this is no longer confidential information.

Owen Spencer-Thomas