[Ely Announce] Celebration of the World Church

Owen Spencer-Thomas owenst at btinternet.com
Fri Aug 19 22:23:42 GMT 2005

>From Canon Fiona Brampton:
for inclusion in parish magazines etc

Hidden Saints – Hidden Kingdom

God at work across the world
A celebration of the world church
November 5th   11.00 –3.00 pm   Ely Cathedral

On November 5th, Ely Cathedral will be hosting a major celebration of the
world church, when the whole diocese will have the opportunity to celebrate
its links with the world church. The event is for all ages.
Come and join a South American dance workshop, or discuss what we can learn
from our links; have your hands painted in Indian style, or spend some time
meditating on what it means to be a Christian in another part of the world;
over a cup of coffee, find out how you can offer some time for God in
another part of the world, or discover what to look out for if you are
planning to take a gap year.
Parishes with world church links have been invited to bring displays of
their links   - come and find out what a difference these links have made to
lives at both ends of the links, and discover how easy it is to form such a
link.
Bring some food to share with everyone.  Our lunch will reflect the banquet
in the Kingdom of heaven. If you can bring food that reflects another
culture or country, that will be wonderful. However, if your children will
only eat egg sandwiches –then  bring some of them – and enough for others to
share!
After lunch we will have an act of worship which will reflect the whole of
God’s kingdom, and also the various links represented in the diocese.
This event is for everyone – for those with links, those who are interested
in the life of other Christians, for those who are curious, and those who
want something different to do on a Saturday afternoon.  (We’ll finish in
plenty of time for people to get home before the firework celebrations
start).

Owen Spencer-Thomas
52 Windsor Road
Cambridge