[Ely Events] Cambridgeshire Historic Churches Trust - Newsletter, Spring Conference & Summer Church Tours

CHCT Publicity Officer info at cambshistoricchurchestrust.co.uk
Wed Mar 24 15:42:49 GMT 2010

Dear All

Please find attached the Cambridgeshire
<http://www.cambshistoricchurchestrust.co.uk/index.htm>  Historic Churches
Trust Newsletter for 2010, details of our fabulous Spring
<http://www.cambshistoricchurchestrust.co.uk/conference.htm>  Conference on
May 1st 2010 and our ever popular free church
<http://www.cambshistoricchurchestrust.co.uk/church-tours.htm>  tours during
this year’s summer.

An Important Message from the CHCT Chairman

The September 12 2009 Ride and Stride
<http://www.cambshistoricchurchestrust.co.uk/s-c-r.htm>  raised £26,169,
with an additional £4,200 recoverable in Gift Aid.  The Trust and the
churches chosen by the participants will receive half each.

This total was slightly lower than in 2008 and more worryingly, the lowest
since 1998.  But many thanks to all who participated and particularly to
CHCT Trustee Canon Chris Barber who raised £890, and the Revd John Graham
(better known as Araucaria, compiler of Guardian crosswords), who raised the
extraordinary sum of £1,542.

With the loss of the WREN grant, we are especially keen to increase our
income from the day and want to make the 2010 Ride and Stride
<http://www.rideandstrideuk.org/>  as successful as we possibly can.  We
will be helped by the  <http://www.nationalchurchestrust.org/> National
Churches Trust who will be promoting the event nationally, but we need your
help too!

In just two hours, you could walk around ten churches and college chapels in
Cambridge or cycle to the same number in the countryside.  And you know it
does you good!

We need a new County Organiser and some new deanery organisers too.  The
latter distribute the information around their area and answer any queries
(or pass them on to the County Organiser), so are at their busiest in May
and around the day of the Ride.  You don’t need to ride yourself, see the
time you give as your contribution!

A new County Organiser will be the key to our success this year and could
also contribute as a member of the Executive Committee, so if anyone wants
to make this valuable contribution to the Trust (and so to the churches of
Cambridgeshire), please contact the Chairman at 01353 645131.

Many Thanks & Best Wishes

Andrew Westwood-Bate

Publicity & Media Officer

Cambridgeshire Historic Churches Trust

01223 892430

0787 5469538

a.westwoodbate at btinternet.com

Sent from Acer Aspire 6920G Mobile Laptop

If you would like your event publicised just let us know!!!