[Ely Events] Beside Still Waters A Retreat for Church Leaders At Bishop Woodford House

Bishop Woodfood House bwh at ely.anglican.org
Wed May 21 07:54:51 GMT 2008

Beside Still Waters

(A Retreat for Church Leaders)

Led by Sister Jean Frances

Monday 18th August 2008

Friday 22nd August 2008

Beside Still Waters will start with dinner at 6.30pm on Monday 18th August
2008 and end after breakfast on Friday 22nd August 2008.

On each day of the retreat there will be three sessions led by Sister Jean
Frances of the Community of St. Mary the Virgin, Wantage.

Each morning there will be a meditation intended to provide a jumping off
place for each retreatant on their individual prayer journey.  Each
afternoon there will be a prayer workshop in two parts.  These sessions will
provide an opportunity to try out different ways of praying.  Whether you
are a beginner or more experienced you will be able to make use of the
material offered.

Monday evening      "The Lord is my shepherd; he leads me beside still
waters." Ps 23: 1,2

18 August                Coming into retreat.

Tuesday                   "As a hart longs for flowing streams, so longs my
soul for you O God."

19 August                Ps 42: 1

                               Thirst for God as the wellspring of our
vocation as Church Leaders.

Wednesday             "Out of the depths I cry to you O Lord". Ps 130: 1

20 August                Being in touch with our shadow, a ministry of
vulnerability.

Thursday                 "If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink.
He who believes in

21 August                me.out of his heart shall flow rivers of living
water" Jn 7: 37.

                               Ministry in the power of the Spirit.

Each day's theme can stand alone for those who are unable to be present for
the whole retreat.

Sister Jean Frances will be available to talk privately with any retreatant
who would like to do so.

How to Book

If you wish to make a reservation for this event please contact us for a
booking form which should then be completed and returned to us as soon as
possible, together with your deposit.

Three weeks before the event travel directions and a letter requesting
payment of the balance will be sent to all who have made a booking.  As we
have to make purchases for this event in advance, it is kindly requested
that this payment reaches us before the start of the event.  This will
generally be non-refundable, except in exceptional circumstances.

For a booking form or further information please contact us at

Bishop Woodford House, Barton Road

Ely, Cambridgeshire

CB7 4DX

Telephone 01353 663039