[Ely Events] Summer Concert

Peter Wainwright revpeterwainwright at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Mar 6 19:08:14 GMT 2008

Dear Simon,

Hopefully I am a subscriber –if not please let me know and I will try and
find the web-page.

Could the following be advertised?

A SUMMER CONCERT on Saturday 7th June, 2008. This is to held in a large
marquee at Hill Farm, Newton Road, Newton. The concert will be given by the
Saffron Walden Band – a community concert wind band, which has between 35
and 40 players. The easy–listening repertoire will include, “Big Fun in the
Sun” (a medley of Beach Boys songs); melodies from the Beetles, Cliff
Richard and Queen. Also Fantasia of British Sea Songs, music from films and
shows, some marches and two hymns. In short, music for all tastes with a
picnic, on a June evening.

Part one of the concert will start at 6.30pm, then there will be an interval
when the audience may eat their “bring your own picnic”; either in the
marquee or on “bring your own travelling rugs” etc. in a field. Part two of
the concert will finish around 9.15pm. On site parking and mobile toilets
provided.

Proceeds in aid of the St Edmund’s Hauxton Church Funds. Tickets for the
concert are available from 1st April, at £10 each (family ticket
concessions). To book phone R. Edridge 01223 870922.

Many thanks.

Peter Wainwright

Vicar of Hauxton