[Ely Events] Your Week's Religious Viewing and Listening

Steven Levitt Steven.Levitt at rowans-music.co.uk
Wed Sep 26 09:26:31 GMT 2007

Your Week's Religious Viewing and Listening

Religious Broadcasting Bulletin, 29th September - 5th October, 2007
  <http://www.ely.anglican.org/images/buttons/word.gif> Downloadable Word
<http://www.ely.anglican.org/publicity/broadcasting-bulletins/2007/bulletin-070928.doc> format
bulletin

  _____

Saturday 29th September

The History of Music Show - La istoria de Purim: Music and Poetry of the Jews in Renaissance Italy.
Lucie Skaping presents highlights of a concert given at this year's New York Early Music Festival.
12pm R3

The Vicar of Dibley. When David's brother comes to visit, Geraldine sees a chance to land herself a
man. 9.25pm BBC1

The Moral Maze (rpt) (1/9). Claire Fox, Ian Hargreaves, Melanie Phillips and Michael Portillo
cross-examine expert witness as they discuss the ethical issues behind the week's news. Chaired by
Michael Buerk. 10.15pm R3

  _____

Sunday 30th September

Bells on Sunday. From St Eadburgha's, Ebrington, Gloucestershire. 5.43am R4

Something Understood. There have been five naturally occurring extinctions in the life of the
planet. Mark Tully considers the prospect of a man-made sixth. 6.05am R4

Aled Jones says Good Morning Sunday. Tony Christie helps Aled kick off a day of programmes
celebrating the 40th anniversary of Radio 2. 7am R2

Sunday. This week's religious and ethical headlines presented by Jane Little. 7.10am R4

Sunday Worship. Revd Jennifer Macrae leads the morning service from Broomhill Parish Church, Glasgow
with Preacher Revd Bill Ferguson. 8.10am R4

>From Sussex to Wakhan - a Doctor in the Hindu Kush. Alastair Leithead travels high into the Hindu
Kush mountains to the Wakhan Corridor, a forgotten but peaceful corner of Afghanistan, to meet a
British doctor and his family, who are helping some of the world's poorest people. 1.30pm R4

Choral Evensong. Live from Westminster Abbey. 4pm R3

The Simpsons. Homer helps Ned build a Christian amusement park called Praiseland as a lasting
monument to Maude Flanders. 4.15pm Channel 4

Songs of Praise. In Norfolk, Pam Rhodes meets a painter with a passion for country churches and
enjoys a performance of I Believe. Wymondham Abbey near Norwich is the setting for the hymns. 6pm
BBC1

Sunday Half Hour. No information listed. 8.30pm R2

Something Understood. Repeat. 11.30pm R4

  _____

Monday 1st October

Daily Service. Led by Clair Jaquiss. 9.45am R4 (LW, DAB each day)

Keeping the Faith (2/3). Historian Jane Ridley explores how her ancestor, protestant martyr Nicholas
Ridley helped to write the Book of Common Prayer. 8pm R4

Panorama. Shiraz Maher, a former member of radical Muslim group Hizb ut-Tahrir, explores what needs
to be done to win the hearts of Britain 's angry young Muslims. 8.30pm BBC1

Inside a Sharia Court : This World. Some British Muslims want Sharia law implemented in the UK. Many
see Sharia as oppressive and brutal, Ruhi Hamid, a British Muslim, goes to Nigeria to see Sharia law
in action and find out whether it could work alongside our legal system. 9pm BBC2

  _____

Tuesday 2nd October

Daily Service. Led by Revd Tony Burnham. 9.45am R4 (LW, DAB each day)

Doctors. A daughter risks her health when fasting for Ramadan. 2.05pm BBC1

  _____

Wednesday 3rd October

Daily Service. Led by Father Phil Sumner. 9.45am R4 (LW, DAB each day)

The Moral Maze (2/9). Michael Buerk chairs a live debate in which Michael Portillo, Melanie
Phillips, Clair Fox and Clifford Longley cross-examine expert witness on the moral issues behind
this week's news. 8pm R4

The Problem with Adam Bloom (4/4). "God". The comedian offers insight into all matters spiritual.
11.30pm R4

Single British Muslims.com. Documentary marking Ramadan. 12.20pm BBC1

  _____

Thursday 4th October

Daily Service. Led by Canon Chris Chivers. 9.45am R4 (LW, DAB each day)

Allyah: Going Up.Through audio diaries and interviews this programme follows the lives of two sets
of British Jews as they prepare for Allyah or "going up" and their new start in Israel. However, one
year on, the question is asked if the dream has lived up to its expectations. 8pm R4

  _____

Friday 5th October

Daily Service. Led by Revd Rosemary Lain-Prietley. 9.45am R4 (LW, DAB each day)

  _____

Thought for the Day 7.48am R4
Speakers for the week.
Saturday. 	Dom Antony Sutch
Monday. 	Revd Dr Colin Morris
Tuesday. 	Akhandadhi Das
Wednesday. 	Madeleine Bunting
Thursday. 	Professor Mora Siddiqui
Friday. 	Revd Charles Fraser
  _____

Pause for Thought R2
Published Speakers for the Week include:
  	6.20am 	9.15am	 1.30am (except *)
Saturday.
Not announced
 	 Not announced *(2.30am)
Sunday.	  	  	 Not announced (& 3.30am)
Monday.	 Not announced	 Not announced	 Not announced (& 3.30am)
Tuesday.	 Not announced	 Nagaraja 	Not announced (& 3.30am)
Wednesday.	 Not announced 	Not announced 	Not announced (& 3.30am)
Thursday. 	Not announced 	Not announced 	Not announced (& 3.30am)
Friday.	 Not announced	 Not announced	 Not announced *(3.30am )
  _____

Prayer for the Day 5.43am R4
Speaker for the week. With Rt Revd David Chillingworth. (Mon - Sat)

  _____

Radio & TV links

*	This week <http://www.ely.anglican.org/publicity/whatson/current.html>

*	Next week <http://www.ely.anglican.org/publicity/whatson/next.html>