[Ely Events] Help with Projection

Simon Kershaw simon at kershaw.org.uk
Tue Jun 19 22:06:38 GMT 2007

Thinking about a Projector?

Many churches are either thinking about buying a data  projector or
have recently purchased one. The Family Friendly Churches Trust is
running a series of  “Thinking about a Projector?” days around the
country to help churches in this process. This email is to let you
know that we are running one very soon in your area. Mike Bossingham,
who is leading the day, has a degree in Computer Science, has done IT
training around the world for 15 years and has been using data
projection for some 10 years.

The day will be at St Boltoph's, Gayton Rd., Grimston, King's Lynn,
Norfolk on July 14th, 2007.
The morning session, starts about 10:30, will be an open session
giving vital information for any church that is thinking of using
data projection – or even updating what they have. This session has
been judged to be very helpful by those attending previous sessions –
and certainly has the potential of saving your church £100s. This is
very suitable for church and property stewards or anyone charged with
making purchasing decisions. You do not need to book in advance for
the morning session and there is NO CHARGE for this session, though
we will be asking for a donation to help cover travel expenses etc.
Over lunch Mike will be available to answer questions or check
quotations and give individual advice.

The afternoon session at 1:30pm is a hands-on PowerPoint Training
session and covers the basics needed to produce slides for a church
service. Even quite experienced PowerPoint users can find out new
features or ways of working. You will need to reserve a place for
this and can do that through the web site below. Laptops will be
provided with everything you need pre-loaded, however in certain
circumstances you may be able to use your own laptop. It will need to
be a Windows machine (no Apples) and have PowerPoint version 2002 or
later loaded onto it. You will also need access to a CD drive.

There is a deposit £20 to reserve a place for the afternoon session,
but you will be given a voucher to obtain one of the Trust‘s 'Digital
Hymnbooks' absolutely free.

You can book a place or find out more on the web site at:
http://www.familyfriendlychurches.org.uk/taap.htm

Do also check out our shop, we do offer some excellent resources:
http://www.familyfriendlychurches.org.uk/Shop/index.htm

If you have any questions please do contact me.

Every Blessing

Rev’d Dr Mike Bossingham
General Manager.

The Family Friendly Churches Trust,