[Ely Events] Cambridgeshire Historic Churches Trust: Church Tours 2007

Simon Kershaw simon at kershaw.org.uk
Sat Apr 21 15:39:15 GMT 2007

Church Tours 2007

(For more details view this email as html email or see
http://www.cambshistoricchurchestrust.co.uk/church-tours.htm)

The Church Tours Programme for the Summer of 2007 has been finalised
and it looks as exciting as always, with visits to all the corners of
the county.

If you would like a poster to see or print off a list of all the
tours please click http://www.cambshistoricchurchestrust.co.uk/documents/1.newCHCTSummerTours2007.pdf.
Please pass this information on to your friends and fellow church
enthusiasts.

This year we will have two expert guides to enhance our Sunday
afternoon visits, they are our long serving and always full of
information, Revd. Dr Lynne Broughton, who is an expert on church
furnishing and symbolism, this year she is joined by Dr. John
Maddison, who you will know from the annual spring conference, John
is an expert in church history and architecture.

All Tours start at 2.30 pm at the first church, and end with Tea at
the last named church, which will be followed by a short Service of
Evensong for any who wish to stay on.

Listed below are the dates and the churches we are going to visit in
2007.  Alongside each of the villages is a link to a (Map) of how to
get to each church, these are provided mostly from the Church of
England's A Church Near You website and the 'maps' can be found on
the left hand-side of the webpage as you scroll down the page or by
clicking on 'about our parish'.

Sunday 13th May:
Diddington:	St. Lawrence
Lt. Paxton:	St. James
Gt. Paxton:	Holy Trinity

Sunday 10th June:
Waresley:	St. James
Lt. Gransden:	St. Peter & St. Paul
Gt. Gransden:	St. Bartholomew

Unfortunately due to unavoidable local circumstances it has proven
necessary for the Cambridgeshire Historic Churches Trust to change
the date of our July 2007 Church Tour to Barnack, Ufford & Bainton.
This will now take place on Sunday 15th July, instead of Sunday 8th
July. In all other respects the programme remains the same.  The new
flyer issued have recorded this change. However, as we all have such
very busy lives, Please also make a note of it on your CHCT
Newsletter and in your own personal diary of events as appropriate.

Sunday 15th July:
Barnack:	St. John the Baptist
Ufford:		St. Andrew
Bainton:	St. Mary