[Ely Events] FW: Renewal of marriage vows at Wicken wedding fair (14th April)

Steven Levitt Steven.Levitt at rowans-music.co.uk
Tue Apr 10 19:36:00 GMT 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: Patricia Mathieson
Sent: 06 April 2007 16:50
To: Steven.Levitt at rowans-music.co.uk
Subject: Renewal of marriage vows at Wicken wedding fair (14th April)

St Laurence's Church, Wicken, is holding a wedding fair on Saturday 14th
April, at which people are invited to exhibit their wedding dresses and
photos, and also (if they would like to do so) to join in a service to renew
their marriage vows.

A press release is attached and also embedded in the text of this email,
after my sign-off.  However, in a nutshell, the wedding fair is designed to
bring the whole village together in a post-Easter celebration.  Nor has the
church forgotten people who have lost their loved ones: there will be a spot
in the service especially for them to remember their happy times.

Local businesses such as bridal-wear shops, milliners, suit hirers, bakers,
car hire etc are invited to display at the wedding.  There is no formal
charge, but a donation would be welcome.

Finally, we'd welcome members of the press who'd like to photograph the
event - and/or to take part!

 Kind regards

Patricia Mathieson
For St Laurence's Church, Wicken

FENLAND VILLAGE CELEBRATES THE JOYS OF MARRIAGE Wedding Fayre fills church
with wedding dresses, photos and flowers

Who says that there is no romance in the fens?  St Laurence's Church,
Wicken, will celebrate the joy of marriage when it holds its first Wedding
Fayre on Saturday 14th April 2007.

The Fayre has been designed to bring the whole community together in a
delightful spring-time event.  It will start at midday with a display of
wedding dresses, photos and memorabilia.  At 3pm there will be a service,
taken by the vicar, Tim Alban-Jones, in which anyone who wants to do so can
renew their wedding vows.  The day will conclude with wedding cake and Bucks
Fizz before ending at 5pm.

"We want people to feel they can come to the church at any time," explains
Helen Randall, a trainee lay minister at St Laurence's.  "This will be a
chance for anyone to come in and enjoy the celebrations and our lovely
building."
Entry to the Fayre is free of charge and all visitors will be warmly
welcomed.  Anyone who is interested in showing their dress and photos -
whether or not they live or were married in Wicken - would be very welcome
and should contact The Rev Edward Green on 01353 720878, Helen Randall on
01353 721752 or Julie Rash on 01353 722008.
St Laurence' Church has a long and distinguished history, with close
connections to the Cromwell family.  Henry Cromwell, the fourth son of
Oliver Cromwell and one-time governor general of Ireland, farmed in Wicken
for much of his life and is buried in the church, along with Elizabeth, his
wife, and another, unidentified Elizabeth Cromwell.

Church enquiries

Peter Rash
Church Warden
39 High Street