To all those receiving mailings on Ely Announce and Ely Events

Owen Spencer-Thomas owen.spencer-thomas at ely.anglican.org
Fri Jul 22 09:14:39 GMT 2005

To all those receiving mailings on Ely Announce and Ely Events

As you may know, our new diocesan website is scheduled to come into
operation in September. As it continues to grow and develop we shall
be using the electronic Ely Announce and Events lists to alert users
of useful information that is being posted on the website. We hope
this will make information more readily available to you. In time we
expect to be able to cut some of our postal mailings and use the
internet to convey more information.

This system will have several advantages:

 * Information can be disseminated quickly
 * Information can be made available to a wider audience
 * Users can be selective and access only that information which is of
   particular interest to them
 * Greater transparency
 * A small financial saving can be made to diocesan administration

We are adding the names of all licensed clergy with email addresses to
Ely Announce and the Events List. Both these lists are low in volume
so we shall not be bombarding your mailbox with lits of email. We hope
you will want to continue using this system, but if you wish to remove
your name Simon Kershaw will be giving you the instructions for
accessing or removing yourself from the site.

May we also take this opportunity of reminding you that enjoy
exchanging information and ideas on Ely-List. If you wish to subscribe
to this, please get in touch with Simon at
<simon.kershaw at ely.anglican.org>

We hope these changes will be of benefit to you. Please let us have
your comments.

Best wishes

Owen Spencer-Thomas

Owen Spencer-Thomas