[Ely Announce] ANNOUNCEMENT : THE REVD CANON VANESSA HERRICK

Bridget Nichols Bridget.Nichols at ely.anglican.org
Sun Sep 25 08:03:38 GMT 2011

The Bishop is delighted to be able to congratulate Canon Vanessa Herrick
on her appointment as Rector of Wimborne Minster in the Diocese of
Salisbury. This is a significant post and the appointment is a fitting
acknowledgement of Vanessa's gifts and abilities.

The Diocese of Ely has benefited from her ministry as Director of
Ordinands and Director of Ministry and Vocation since she took up the
post in 2003. The number of vocations has grown steadily since that
time, and her contributions to the Senior Staff, the Bishop's Council,
the Diocesan Synod and the Cathedral, as well as to the National Church
have been considerable.

Bishop Stephen said, 'We will be very sorry to lose Vanessa, but at the
same time we rejoice with her in this new challenge and wish her and
David well in all that lies ahead.'