[Ely Announce] Holy Land Pilgrimage in May 2013

Bridget Nichols Bridget.Nichols at ely.anglican.org
Wed Nov 30 10:19:47 GMT 2011

Bishop Stephen Conway, invites you to join him on a 10 night pilgrimage and holiday to Israel/Palestine 14th-23rd May 2013. The main tour will include 6 nights in the Golden Walls Hotel in Jerusalem with its splendid view of the old city walls and within walking distance of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and 3 nights at the Ron Beach Hotel, just outside Tiberias on the Sea of Galilee, in a wonderful position right on the lakeside and with a swimming pool.. Visits will include sites in and around Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Nazareth, Capernaum, the Sea of Galilee and the Dead Sea. We will walk along the Via Dolorosa, float on the Dead Sea, take a cable car up the Mount of Masada, meet with local people, and worship with the Christian community. There will also be some time for relaxation and personal exploration. There is also a recommended optional 3 day extension (in our hotel on the shores of the Sea of Galilee returning on 26th May).  The cost of the main tour is £1780.00 sharing a twin-bedded room with private facilities and  is very good value as you will see. The tour is on a full-board basis with buffet breakfast, lunch and evening meal included daily.  Touring is in air-conditioned coaches and we will be accompanied by a local guide who will share leadership responsibilities and look after the formalities of hotel check-ins etc.  All tours, guides, entrance fees, transfers within Israel and gratuities are included. Flights are with EL AL Israel Airlines between Heathrow airport and Tel Aviv.  All airport and security charges are included and a complimentary visa is issued on arrival in Israel.

This is a great value trip as we have included almost everything within the final tour cost.  The extras are only travel insurance, transport to and from Heathrow, drinks and personal spending money. A coach from Ely to Heathrow might be arranged at extra cost. Single rooms are available at a supplementary cost of £285.  The three day extension is on a half-board basis and is £255 sharing a twin-bedded room or £375 in a single room

In the Middle East the reality "on the ground" is often far removed from what we see and read in the news. We consider it a safe place to visit and will not travel if the situation becomes dangerous. The tour leader working with +Stephen will be the Revd. Maureen Allchin. This will be a very special tour for her as it will be her 56th visit to the "land of the Holy One" and her 34th pilgrimage!!

If you would like a brochure please contact:

The Revd. Maureen Allchin, 4 Northfields, Bulkington, Wiltshire, SN10 1SE (01380 828931. maureen at mallchin.co.uk) OR, Bridget Nichols, The Bishop's House, Ely, Cambs, CB7 4DW (01353 662 749. bridget.nichols at ely.anglican.org)