[Ely Announce] Bishop Anthony's farewell service on Saturday afternoon

Owen Spencer-Thomas owenst at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 20 23:40:37 GMT 2010

A note from Jan Payne, Licensed Lay Minister, Ely Cathedral:

Dear List Member

First, apologies to any who get this message more than once or for whom it is not applicable.

I have been invited by Canon Garrard (Canon Precentor at Ely Cathedral) to post a message on the various Ely Lists. We wish to alert people who have tickets to attend Bishop Anthony's farewell service on Saturday afternoon, that the Cathedral is still very cold in temperature inside the building.

Ely Cathedral is, of course, usually cold in winter but the Christmas/New Year temperatures, combined with the snow and ice, have served to make it particularly chilly and rather "bracing" this year. Please do wrap up warmly and encourage any others you know attending the service to do likewise.

May I also take this opportunity to remind you that Saturday is a market day in Ely and the High Street is usually closed to traffic. Please allow sufficient time to park therefore. Please also note that there will be no general parking available at the Cathedral on Saturday afternoon.

If any ministers receiving this mail are able to do so (and think it appropriate), please would you kindly pass this message on to your congregation representatives, if they are not themselves on one of the Ely on-line mailing lists.

We look forward to welcoming all those attending the service to the Cathedral on Saturday.

Best wishes
Jan Payne