[Ely Announce] Bishop's statement on Tribumal costs

Owen Spencer-Thomas owenst at btinternet.com
Sat Oct 20 22:23:28 GMT 2007

Provincial Tribunal - Trumpington
Bishop Anthony made the following statement at today's Diocesan Synod meeting:
"There is some concern in the diocese about media reports on the likely cost to the diocese of the Provincial Tribunal - set up to determine whether the pastoral relationship in the parish of Trumpington has broken down.

"Recent reports have contained a variety of figures, some as high as £500,000.  The eventual cost to the Diocese is likely to be nowhere near this.

"At this stage it is still impossible to give a more accurate estimate, as this is the only such tribunal that has taken place in the Church of England since 1993.

"I still await the findings and recommendation from the Tribunal Chairman.  In the meantime, I ask you all to continue to remember all those involved in this matter in your prayers."

+ Anthony