[Ely Announce] Lambeth Conference 2008

Bridget Nichols bridget.nichols at ely.anglican.org
Fri Apr 13 10:27:23 GMT 2007

Together with other Dioceses, we shall be offering hospitality to overseas Bisohps in the period immediately before the Lambeth Conference next year. The aim is to provide a period of rest, re-orientation, refreshment, and a consideration of the issues raised in the Agenda, prior to moving to the Conference venue in Canterbury.

Overseas Bishops who have links with the Diocese have already been invited, and six have indicated that they would like to come and stay in Ely for this period (10th-15th July, 2008).

We are aware that there are a number of clergy and lay people who have links with Bishops overseas who will be attending the Lambeth Conference. If they would like them to be invited to come to Ely for this period, please could their names be sent to Bridget Nichols (bridget.nichols at ely.anglican.org) as soon as possible.

+Anthony                                            +John