[Ely Announce] A church near you

Owen Spencer-Thomas owenst at btinternet.com
Mon Oct 16 16:10:40 GMT 2006

We anticipate within a few days being able to post all the churches in the diocese plus their grid reference on the national website, 'A Church Near You'.

The website, which will be linked to our dicoesan site,  contains information about parish churches and the services and events that take place there.
The site, based on a post code search, will tell you the church nearest to where you live, or where you are spending your holiday, and display a map giving directions to its location.  A few parishes have already added their names to this site and listed useful data such as info on weddings and funerals as well as general churchgoing.

When the list is in place we shall be encouraging each parish to add data and who-to-contact info in an attempt to improve communications between you and your local community.

Take a look at:

http://www.achurchnearyou.com/result.php?c=Cambridgeshire

http://www.achurchnearyou.com/result.php?c=Norfolk

Owen Spencer-Thomas