[Ely Announce] New Website

Owen Spencer-Thomas owenst at btinternet.com
Thu Aug 11 13:24:43 GMT 2005

I’m delighted to report that we have posted the newly developing website on
http://elydiocese.justadd.info <http://elydiocese.justadd.info/>   This is a
temporary trial address which will be available for monitoring until the
site is complete and ready to launch – hopefully by mid September.

The trial version is now online waiting to be tested and developed.  You are
invited to give you opinion on the look of the site, the content and the
ease of access when looking for specific information.

The new format is designed to make access easier for anyone looking for
information about the Diocese from anywhere in the world.

The new site, which is being designed by a team from Popcorn Website Design
in Stansted, will be flexible and meet the needs of the wide range of people
who visit.

We have designed the front pages to be friendly and straightforward,
explaining what we do in plain terms, without any jargon. These link
directly into sections which give more detailed information.

People who want in-depth details on specific subjects, for instance anyone
directly involved in the work of the diocese, clergy or those working within
the parishes, can delve deeper into the site and click on to the appropriate
pages.

The new site will no longer be the work of a few people. Instead, each
section will have an editor who will be ready to update and develop pages so
that information is always relevant and current.

In the next few weeks you will be able to see the trial site grow and
develop. We will be making frequent changes, as opinions are put forward.
People can actually watch the site being built as the weeks go on.

The trial website is online now at: http://elydiocese.justadd.info
<http://elydiocese.justadd.info/> .

Again we invite feedback about the site.  Comments can be made to:
owen.spencer-thomas at ely.anglican.org
<mailto:owen.spencer-thomas at ely.anglican.org>

Or the webmaster, Simon Kershaw, at: webmaster at ely.anglican.org
<mailto:webmaster at ely.anglican.org> .